Toowoomba Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Toowoomba Community Directory!
We are developing toowoomba.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Toowoomba for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Toowoomba?
Toowoomba is known for its strong sense of community and there are many organisations that contribute to this. Whether you're looking to make new friends, learn a new skill, or give back to the community, there is bound to be a community group in Toowoomba that meets your needs. In this article, we’ll highlight some of the best community groups in the city.
1) Toowoomba Hospice - If you're interested in supporting the terminally ill, then Toowoomba Hospice is a great organisation to get involved with. The hospice provides palliative care to those with life-limiting illnesses and their families. They also rely heavily on volunteers to help with fundraising and caring for patients. Contact details: Phone: (07) 4659 8500, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Lifeline Darling Downs - Lifeline provides crisis support services to people across the Darling Downs region. They also run a number of programs to help people in need, such as their Homeless Connect program, which helps connect homeless people with services and support. You can volunteer with Lifeline by helping out in their charity shops or becoming a telephone counsellor. Contact details: Phone: 1300 991 443, Email: email@example.com
3) Rotary Club of Toowoomba - Rotary is a global network of volunteers who work together to make a difference in their communities. The Toowoomba Rotary Club runs a number of projects and events throughout the year, such as their annual garden festival and their youth leadership program. They're always looking for new members to get involved. Contact details: Phone: 0418 874 372, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Toowoomba Photographic Society - If you're interested in photography, the Toowoomba Photographic Society is a great way to meet like-minded people. They hold regular meetings, workshops, and outings to help members improve their skills and share their work. Contact details: Phone: (07) 4630 6874, Email: email@example.com
2) Toowoomba Knitting and Crochet Group - This group is a great way to meet people who share your love of all things yarn. They meet monthly and work on their own projects while chatting and sharing tips. All skill levels are welcome! Contact details: Phone: 0409 467 711, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Toowoomba Chess Club - Chess is a great way to exercise your brain and meet new people. The Toowoomba Chess Club meets weekly and welcomes players of all levels. They hold regular tournaments and events throughout the year. Contact details: Phone: (07) 4634 5177, Email: email@example.com
Community development groups:
1) Toowoomba Together - Toowoomba Together is a community development project aimed at building stronger, safer, and more connected communities. They work with local residents and organisations to identify and address community needs, and run a number of programs and events throughout the year. Contact details: Phone: 13 74 68, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Toowoomba Community Garden - The Toowoomba Community Garden is a great way to get involved in sustainable living and meet new people. They welcome volunteers to help with gardening tasks and run regular workshops and events. Contact details: Phone: 0419 648 373, Email: email@example.com
3) Toowoomba Refugee and Migrant Support - If you're passionate about supporting the city's refugee and migrant populations, this is a great organisation to get involved with. They provide a range of services, including mentoring, employment assistance, and language classes. They also welcome volunteers to help with fundraising and events. Contact details: Phone: 0438 150 191, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
there are countless community groups in Toowoomba that offer something for everyone. Whether you're interested in charity work, interest-based groups, or community development, there is sure to be an organisation that meets your needs. By getting involved with a community group in Toowoomba, you'll not only be making a positive difference in the city, but also have the opportunity to meet new people, learn new things, and have fun!
Toowoomba Community Articles