Toowoomba Visitor Information
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Toowoomba is known as the "Garden City" due to its many parks and gardens. It is located in the Darling Downs region of Queensland, and is about 125km west of Brisbane. Toowoomba has a population of around 135,000 people and is the second largest inland city in Australia.
Things to see and do
- Laurel Bank Park - a beautiful park featuring many flower gardens
- Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers - an annual event held in September featuring many floral displays and garden tours
- Ju Raku En Japanese Garden - a tranquil garden featuring traditional Japanese design elements
- Empire Theatre - a historic theatre that hosts a variety of performances throughout the year
- National Parks - there are numerous national parks within driving distance of Toowoomba, including Main Range National Park and Girraween National Park
Toowoomba has a small airport with limited domestic flights. Most visitors arrive by car or bus. There is also a train station located in the town of Westbrook, about 10km west of Toowoomba.
Accommodation and dining
Toowoomba has a variety of accommodation options, including hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts. There are also many restaurants and cafes offering a range of cuisines.
Toowoomba has a subtropical climate, with hot summers and cold winters. The average temperature in summer (December to February) is around 26°C, while the average temperature in winter (June to August) is around 9°C.
Toowoomba is a beautiful city with many parks and gardens to explore. It is the perfect destination for nature lovers and those seeking a peaceful getaway. With a variety of accommodation options, restaurants, and cafes, visitors are sure to enjoy their stay in Toowoomba.