Toowoomba Local Services
Toowoomba ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Toowoomba site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Toowoomba Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Toowoomba When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Toowoomba Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Toowoomba Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Toowoomba ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Toowoomba and a Place to Meet
The toowoomba.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Toowoomba
Toowoomba is a city in the Darling Downs region of the Australian state of Queensland. Here are some interesting facts about this charming town:
1. Toowoomba is known as the "Garden City" due to its well-maintained parks and gardens. In fact, it is home to over 150 public parks and gardens, including the beautiful Queens Park.
2. The city lies atop the Great Dividing Range and is located at an altitude of 700 meters above sea level. As a result, it boasts a pleasant climate with four distinct seasons.
3. Toowoomba is known for its annual Carnival of Flowers, which has been held every September since 1949. The festival attracts over 100,000 visitors from all over the world and features floral displays, garden tours, and live entertainment.
4. One of the city's most popular landmarks is the Picnic Point Lookout, which offers stunning views of the Lockyer Valley and the Main Range. It is also a popular spot for picnics and barbecues.
5. Toowoomba is home to a number of historic buildings, including the Royal Bull's Head Inn, which was built in 1859 and is now a museum. Other notable buildings include the Empire Theatre, the Toowoomba Railway Station, and St. Patrick's Cathedral.
6. The city has a thriving arts and culture scene, with numerous galleries, museums, and theaters. The Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery is particularly well-regarded and houses a collection of Australian art.
7. Toowoomba is also a major education hub, with multiple universities, TAFEs, and other educational institutions. This has helped to make the city a center for scientific research and innovation.
8. The region surrounding Toowoomba is known for its rich agricultural heritage and produces a variety of crops, including cotton, sorghum, and wheat. The area is also home to a number of vineyards and wineries.